Monday, March 3, 2008

A Great Weekend!


I have to say that this was one of the best weekends I've had since I can remember. (Please bear with me here because I will now begin to brag on my daughter.) I spent a lot of time with Riley and she was a perfect angel. I know that I'm probably setting myself up here for her to act up, but she really has been great lately and I couldn't ask for a better baby. Friday night she slept for 10 1/2 hours, which was awesome and Saturday, Nana and I took her to the Cottontales Village. There were so many babies there, but everyone seemed to notice Riley. Maybe it's because she was talking to everyone as they passed us or maybe it was that cute bow in her hair : ) She had her shirt on with her name on it and everyone would go 'oh, there's Riley again'! A few people asked if they could take her home. We were there for 3 1/2 hours and she didn't fuss one time. Sunday morning we just hung out and had a few long conversations, then I took her to the mall and, same thing, people were saying how cute she was - this time no bow, so I don't think it was that : ) She was again talking to everyone. I wonder where she gets this talking thing from ; )

Also, on Saturday night, Mandi, Jason, Eric, Laura and Ben surprised me for my birthday. We got together at Laura's for steaks from Mr. P's - my favorite! We had a great time, as usual. Thanks, guys!

Today it's back to work : ( I'm beginning to adjust, but having such a great weekend with Riley really makes me miss her. She got into the day care that we had applied for, so she'll start on March 17th. I know she'll steal their hearts!

Isn't the picture of Riley just so cute?! I got a lot more bows this weekend, too. Whenever Gran sees Riley with a bow in her hair she says "Look! It's Ben with a bow!" At least she has my eye and hair color.


1 comment:

Kyla said...

yep she is just like her cousin Kyla!! :) jk I'm sure ya'll will be taking alot more trips to the mall. Miss you!