Friday, April 11, 2008

An Hour to Live, An Hour to Love

I just read a great book last night. I know, most of you are saying "What?! Christy Habshey actually read a whole book! And, yes, I did! It's by Kristine Carlson (wife of the guy who wrote all of the 'Don't Sweat the Small Stuff' books) and it's called "An Hour to Live, An Hour to Love". It is a very short book - around 50 pages - and SO worth the read. I encourage you all to read it. Richard Carlson died suddenly in December of 2006. About 3 years before, he had written his wife a love letter for their 18th wedding anniversary. The letter answered the question(s), "If you had an hour to live, who would you call, what would you say and why are you waiting?". His wife published the letter in this book and then basically wrote a response, which is the 'An Hour to Love' part. It ends with Richard's favorite poem, which you can view here.

You all know how sentimental I am and the book (and poem) just goes right along with that : ) So, here's your task for today - take a minute to tell your loved ones how much they mean to you. Don't wait! As the poem says, we are not promised tomorrow, so today may be the only chance you get. Take the time to really appreciate life and those you love. Live life so that you never say 'I wish I had done this' or 'I wish I had said that'. Life is too short to "sweat the small stuff".

1 comment:

Kyla said...

Amen!! Our family is the BEST and I love you all!! :)