Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Yummy Oatmeal!

Riley ate oatmeal from a spoon last night. I had been warned that it might be a disaster and wouldn't be as "fun" as I was thinking it would be. Well, it didn't go that bad. She made a terrible face at first, but did a pretty good job of eating it. Ben got it all on video, of course, but I've posted an after picture for you. Cute, huh?

I've also got a few videos to post. Riley loves talking while she's watching Noggin. Well, Riley loves talking all of the time, but especially when she's watching Noggin. She really loves Moose and Zee : ) The videos are very bad quality because they were taken with my digital camera in bad lighting. Oh, and by the way, this was at 4:30 in the morning.
video
video
video


I would also like to encourage you to donate to Relay For Life. My 2 personal favorite Relays are http://events.cancer.org/rflhuntsvilleal and http://events.cancer.org/rfloakmountainhsal If you donate to the Oak Mountain Relay For Life, make sure to click on the Inverness Elementary team link and then click on Laura Gober. Laura (or LaLa, as she is known to Riley) is participating and would love to have your donation. Most Relays are held in May and I would encourage you to find your local Relay and attend. It is a very fun and special event. As most of you should know, Ben is an almost 10 year cancer survivor. Relay For Life and the American Cancer Society are very special to us and we truly believe in what they do to try to find a cure and to help improve the lives of cancer patients. "There is no finish line until there is a cure."

You may have noticed that I finally titled the blog - "The Moments...". For those who care, let me explain. Warning, though, it's kind of deep and mushy : ) I have always loved a song by Edwin McCain called "I Could Not Ask For More". (It was our first dance song at our wedding.) The song (one part specifically) took on new meaning after my cardiac arrest back in May 2005. One line in the song says "These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive." All of life's moments - good and bad, big and small - are very precious and I thank God every day that I get to experience them. I've always been one to say life is too short, blah blah blah, but, after almost dying that day, I really appreciate everything so much more. So, there you go, the meaning behind the blog's new title.

1 comment:

Kyla said...

aaawww!! i love the picture. She's growing up too fast! I love that song too! I'm very proud to have an aunt and uncle like ya'll! ily