Friday, May 30, 2008

Confession

So, I'm not quite sure why I feel the need to confess today, but I do. It's a big confession. Are you ready? OK, here goes - I like to watch Noggin. I do! One of my favorites is Pinky Dinky Doo simply because I love the song she sings right before she tells a story. You know, the one that starts out "Yesserooni, positooni...". OK, so maybe you don't know, but trust me it's catchy. Everytime it comes on, I must sing it. At first, Ben thought it was cute and funny, but I'm pretty sure that by now, he's not finding it amusing anymore - just annoying. One of my favorite shows to watch is Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends. There's usually a good story and I think it's so cute when they say "everybuggy" instead of "everybody". Riley's favorite thing about Noggin is Moose A. Moose and Zee. She'll just be sitting there straight faced and when she sees them, she just cracks a big smile and lots of times even lets out a laugh. I think that, secretly, Ben even likes Noggin. I caught him singing the Backyardigans song one day : )

My big girl is now 6 months old. I can't believe it! That's 1/2 a year. It has just gone by so fast. She is doing so many new things every day. Some big, some small, but lots of new things. She's eating baby food really well and loves it. She also is eating baby yogurt and loves that, too. She's just about gotten the hang of sitting up. And, with Aunt Jeanie's professional help, she'll be doing it in no time : ) She loves her doorway jumper and her exersaucer. Oh, and her new toy from her cousin, Sarah Grace. She pushes these petals with her feet and makes these balls go round and music plays. She's just mesmerized by it. Here she is the first time she played with it. That's her Great Aunt Glenda sitting behind her.

Riley is such a happy baby and we are enjoying her so much! She loves to talk and laugh. It's just the cutest thing ever. Here are a couple of pics to end the post for today. We're off to Huntsville for the weekend. We can't wait to see Gran and Pop!

Riley hugging Sarah Grace. How sweet!

Yummy yogurt!

One last thing, please pray for little McKaylee Borklund and her family. McKaylee was just diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. McKaylee's grandmother, Treasa, is one of Nana's (Ben's mom) best friends. They are such a sweet family and would appreciate your prayers. You can read about McKaylee on her Caring Bridge site by clicking here.

No comments: