Monday, May 5, 2008

What a Great Weekend!


We got a great start to the weekend when we went to the Relay For Life. What a great event! We really miss being at the Huntsville Relay, but wouldn't miss the chance to participate in one, so we went to the Oak Mountain Relay For Life. Ben took Riley with him for the Survivor Lap and it was just so special. Then, for the first time, his mom and Bill walked the caregiver lap with Ben. It really meant a lot to him for us all to be there. (Laura and Eric were there participating, also.) Notice Riley's shirt in the picture above - it says "My Daddy is My Reason to Relay". How sweet is that! As usual, I could go on and on about how great Relay For Life is, but I won't : ) Let me just say that it was fun, special, awesome, etc. I am posting some of the pictures below, but to see the rest click here.

Gran and Jeanie were also here visiting this weekend and we had a great time. Aunt Jeanie worked with Riley on sitting up, so I'm sure it won't be long now : )

Also, this weekend, Aunt Nicole graduated from UAB. Yay Nicole! I am so proud of her. She worked really hard and now gets to sit back and relax a little. Natalie is also graduating this Friday from Troy State. Way to go, Natalie! The hard work has paid off! We are also so proud of Natalie. Of course, she has worked hard, too. Can't wait to celebrate!




2 comments:

Terri said...

Super pictures ;-) I knew you'd all be there Relaying. By the way, MY BABY graduates from Auburn next Saturday!! WAR EAGLE!!!

Kyla said...

Awww! Looks like ya'll had fun this weekend!