Saturday, July 12, 2008

More Firsts!

It seems like Riley is just changing so fast and doing something new everyday. Yesterday was no exception. I've been trying to get her to say ma-ma and/or da-da. Well, guess which one she decided to start with? Yep! It was da-da, of course. It was so cute! Once she learned to say it, she was on a roll. She started yesterday morning and continued to say it all day. Gran and Aunt Jeanie are here so they spent the day with her. They had a great time playing and said that Riley was very happy all day, as usual. What a sweet little angel I have : )

These days Riley isn't really that into her baby food. She does eat it, but she doesn't just love it. Well, Gran made spaghetti for dinner last night, so I thought I'd try giving her little bites of the noodles with sauce on them. Not only did she love it, but she was picking them up and feeding herself! We gave her peas, peaches and little baby Gerber puffs, too. She liked it all. I think dinners are going to be a lot more messy from now on. Better get out that mat I keep talking about putting under her high chair. We're going to need it. Here are a few pictures of the little adventure.