Friday, July 4, 2008

"My Husband Rocks" Friday

So, here goes the first edition...

Ben rocks because he is the best Daddy in the world (well, except for my Dad - hi Dad!). Ben is one of those dads who really helps out a lot. From the beginning, he has helped out with middle of the night feedings, diaper changes, nose suctioning (well, ok, he does ALL of the nose suctioning), medicine giving, rocking/singing to sleep, etc. You get the point. He helps with everything and for that I am so thankful. There is one night in particular that we had company over, Eric and Laura - not really company, they're family, but anyway - and it was Riley's bedtime. Ben took her and went into her bedroom. A few minutes later I see Laura peeking in there and she comes out saying "that has got to be the sweetest thing I've ever seen". She tells us that she peeked in there and Ben is rocking Riley and singing her to sleep. Eric tries to say that Ben is only doing that because they are there, but I quickly let him know that this is something Ben does ALL the time : ) I knew Ben was going to be a great Daddy, but he is so much more than I could have ever imagined. His love for her is so evident when you see them together. And, you should see the way she looks at her Daddy. I think she's in love ; ) I can't imagine my life with any other man. Thank you, Ben, for being an awesome husband and an amazing Daddy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!Love, Gran

Katy Lin :) said...

i don't know from personal experience (yet), but i truly believe that there is an entire facet of our husbands that we will never know until they become daddies! you are truly blessed to have such an involved hubby :)