Friday, July 11, 2008

my husband rocks! Friday

You know they say it's the little things that count and that is so true with me. I'm not one of those who needs a candle lit dinner waiting on me when I get home or a bath filled with rose petals drawn for me. I really take pleasure in just the little things that Ben does for me. Like the other night he went to the grocery store and, on the way home, I happened to call him and he said "I got you a surprise". He does this most times that he goes to the store. Sometimes it's an air freshener that I like, or a candle, or my favorite candy or snack. Not much, but he thought of me! On a little more sentimental note - Riley has gotten back into the habit of needing a bottle around 10:00 in order to make it through the night. So one of us usually just wakes her up and gives it to her right before we go to bed. Thursday night I was on my way in there to get her up and Ben stopped me before I could get in there, telling me that HE wanted to get her up. What?! You see, it's just so sweet because, when you pick her up, she just cuddles up to you because she's still sleeping basically. Of course, I let him do it and it was just the sweetest thing to watch him hug her and just close his eyes taking in every ounce of her sweetness. This is why my husband ROCKS!!

5 comments:

Katy Lin :) said...

what a wonderful hubby and daddy! thanks for sharing! :)

Sarah said...

Aww...I wish they could cuddle like that forever! Your hubby sounds like a great daddy and a wonderful helpmate!
Sarah

Lishak said...

Aren't the little things in life the best? You have a thoughtful hubby for sure. I love to be suprised with things that say he loves me!

Katharyn said...

That is just so sweet! Quite the guy you’ve got there!

HeathahLee said...

Aww, that made me tear up! 'Course, it doesn't take much, but still. Those moments are so precious. Having a strong bond between daddy and daughter is one of the most important things for a little girl's self-esteem. He is starting off right!