Thursday, August 7, 2008

I'm a loser...

I can't believe I haven't blogged in almost a week. Man, I'm such a loser. Riley is doing so well - just very, very happy, sleeping good, eating good and almost crawling. I'm not so sure I'm ready, but she's about to start, so I don't really have a choice. She can move each knee forward, but isn't sure yet how to move her arms forward. I'm sure it will be any day now. She's making lots of new sounds/noises. It's really so cute! Where does she get these things?


We went swimming last Saturday at Ben's dad's house. Laura, Eric, Mandi, Jason, Jacob and Kaleb were also there. It was so much fun! Riley just loves being in the water and she was very entertained by Jacob and Kaleb jumping and diving into the water and Jason and Ben throwing them across the pool. I think Jason enjoyed having a little girl around for the day. I tried to convince him that they need one to balance out the boys. I told him it would "soften him up a little". (Not that Jason needs to be softened up, but you know the playing and things are just different with a little girl.) He didn't go for it and we agreed that he and Mandi could just borrow Riley every now and then. Here are a few pics of the Jowers boys with Riley. Excuse the quality. I forgot my camera so I had to use my phone and these pics were taken while the sun was behind some clouds.

There's a cute pic of Daddy and Riley, but you'll see that one tomorrow. Sunday was good, too. We had some good, quality, fun family time and then Riley and I made a trip to the store. She always loves to go out and see everyone : ) It's been a good week, but I'm ready for the weekend. Riley and I are going to Huntsville! Yay! It's going to be very busy, as usual, but fun also. We can't wait! Make sure to check out tomorrow's edition of "~my husband rocks! Friday".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a blast! We need to do that again soon! Have fun in Huntville. Tell all the Huntsville girls "hello" for me!

Those are such cute pictures of Jason with all the kids!

Love you!
Mandi