Friday, August 1, 2008

my husband rocks! Friday

It's that time again - time for me to brag on my sweet hubby! I had to get permission from Ben to post this one because I didn't want to embarrass him, but he's good with it so here goes... The other night Ben and I were watching the show in memory of Randy Pausch - you know the guy who did 'The Last Lecture'. It was so sad to watch this guy who is dying tell his story and how he's determined to have fun and have a good attitude until the very end. When they started showing him with his children, it really got to me. It's just so sad to think that they don't have their dad anymore. Anyway, long story short, when the show ended I was in tears and I look over at Ben and he's wiping his eyes. My sweet husband was as touched by it as I was. I think it's sweet that he cries at things like that. We both have such a great appreciation for life and all the little moments that we get to share. I know that some of it comes from experiences that we've both had in our lives. Experiences that have made us realize that we are not promised tomorrow. Thank you, Ben, for helping me to remember to appreciate every moment I'm given on this earth. You rock and I love you!!

5 comments:

Katy Lin :) said...

wow. what a tenderhearted man! hope you have a beautiful weekend!

Anonymous said...

You both "rock". Love, Gran

JenM said...

What a great guy! My DH has been reading his book, and was only about halfway through when he passed away. So sad, and made it so much more of a touching read.

Lishak said...

It's so nice to have a sensitive guy who loves life!

Angelique said...

Awwww...I love sensitive men! I married one, too, and I wouldn't change him for the world :)