Friday, September 12, 2008

~ my husband rocks! Friday

I've been thinking this week about how I am so in need of a vacation and that got me thinking about all of the wonderful trips that Ben and I have been on - ski trips, some beautiful places in Guatemala, St. Lucia, the Bahamas, etc. They have all been wonderful, beautiful and special, but there was one trip in particular that we took to Guatemala that was extra special. Ben told me before we went that he was going to have a surprise for me while we were there. (I LOVE surprises, by the way!) The surprise wasn't until a few days into the trip so I would have to wait a little bit to find out what it was. I couldn't wait! It turned out that we went to this monestary in Antigua that had been excavated and fixed up into a hotel. It was beautiful and so different from anywhere I had ever been. The place is called Casa Santo Domingo. Make sure to click the link and check it out if you have time. The history of it is pretty cool. When we got there and were walking around, I just teared up. Ben asked me what was wrong and I said "nothing. It's just that this place is beautiful and no one has ever done anything like this for me before." (Not to mention that the place we'd spent the 2 nights before that was beautiful, too.) We were still just dating at the time and he knew how much I love surprises and how much I love to go to new and exciting places, so he planned this surprise for me. That is one of the many reasons that my hubby ROCKS! If you've never been to Guatemala, there are some beautiful and unique places there. Getting there isn't cheap, but once you're there, everything is very affordable. I've included below a few pictures from some of our vacations. Thanks, Ben, for always knowing how to make me feel special!
Casa Santo Domingo

Bahamas - Exuma Islands

Lake Atitlan in Guatemala

Lake Tahoe - No, it's not a fake backdrop. Isn't it beautiful?!

St. Lucia - Our Honeymoon

1 comment:

Katy Lin :) said...

wow! that is fantastic, and your pictures are stunning :)