Friday, September 26, 2008

~ my husband rocks! Friday

I know, I know! I skipped a Friday and I bet you were thinking that my hubby didn't "rock" last week. Wrong! He always rocks : ) So, I'm back on track this week.

I've always felt a little self conscious about my face - large pores, some reddish spots, etc. You know, just a girl thing. I always look at these people whose skin looks so smooth and perfect and I'm so jealous. For a long time, I've wanted to get laser treatments or something on my face to improve my skin, but it's just so darned expensive. (I'll go out and spend a fortune on clothes, but not on my skin? Go figure!) Anyway, Ben has known this and so about a year and a half ago or so, we talked about it and he told me that I was beautiful the way that I am (how sweet!), but if it would make me feel better, we'll find the money to get it done. Wow! What a great husband!! Doesn't he just rock?! I went for a consultation and made an appointment for my first treatment. In the meantime, I found out I was pregnant. You can't get the treatments done when you're pregnant, so I had to forget about it. Once I came back to work and started making money again, we decided it was time to get the treatments. One treatment a month for 6 months. They haven't been bad at all so far. The harsh treatments left me looking very sunburned and then peely, but not too bad overall. Yesterday was my last treatment and the most intense one so far. You would not believe what I look like today. Imagine red and white leapard print. Seriously, that's what my face looks like - AND I came to work. What a dedicated employee I am : ) I am posting below a picture of what I looked like on the ride home last night. The laser tech had put some kind of cream on me that was supposed to be soothing and it looked hilarious. She also sent an ice pack with me - thank goodness because my face was on fire. I took some ibuprofen last night to help with the soreness and swelling. Man, the things us women to do try and look beautiful. I must say that the treatments have improved my skin, so I'm happy that I did it. I wonder what my face will look like tomorrow? Good thing I don't have any plans this weekend. Sorry for the long post, but I had to tell you that Ben rocks because he thinks that I'm beautiful no matter what, but he also wants me to feel beautiful. Thanks sweet Ben! You ROCK!! Now for the picture...


You see where the white cream sort of clung to my skin in circular pattern? Well, that's what my face looks like today, except red circles! I wonder what the people at Wal Mart thought of me today : )

My little angel is 10 months old today. Look for a post and pictures later. Oh, and she has another tooth coming in on top. So cute!

1 comment:

Katy Lin :) said...

awwww . . . i hope the soreness goes away quickly :) what a great guy!

be sure to stop by and enter the giveaway today! :)