Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What Happened?

I can't believe that it's been so long since my last post! I promise to try to do better. We had a really great Christmas and spent lots of time with family. This year, it was our year to spend Christmas in Huntsville. I was just so excited to be with my family and have Riley there to be with all of her cousins. I really love Christmas! I don't think Ben realized exactly how much until I cried on Christmas Eve when Santa came to our house. Really! Santa actually came to our house. We live in Helena and, every year, the Helena Fire Department takes Santa around on top of one of the trucks and they go through most of the neighborhoods. We heard him coming and rushed outside. We walked out to the end of the driveway and he stopped in front of the house to wave and throw candy out. I know Ben thought I was crazy, but I really did tear up. All of the neighborhood kids were outside and just so excited about seeing Santa. Christmas is my favorite holiday and it's a time when, especially this year, I think a lot about how thankful I am for my family. I have a wonderful husband, a sweet, perfect, precious little girl, the best parents a child could ever want, siblings that I am close to, an extended family that is especially close and in laws that every girl wishes for. Not to mention, some pretty awesome friends! Really, it couldn't have been a better Christmas. I hope you all had a special Christmas, too. I'll leave you with a picture from our October photo session. (Ben doesn't like this one, but I think it's a perfect picture of our family!)


1 comment:

Terri said...

Great picture. And, I loved the Christmas card. Yes, the bread is extremely easy to make. Mix up the dough, stick in a container in the fridge for up to two weeks. When you want to make a loaf, pinch off a grapefruit sized piece, dust with flour and shape and let sit for 40 min. Then bake. No kneading, no mess, no fuss. I would have emailed you, but I'm at home and I don't have your email address here. It's in my work email! Later :-)