Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Random Things

I stayed out of work with Riley yesterday because she has 'hand, foot, mouth disease'. I mean, could they not have thought of a more medical term for it! It's such a strange disease. Anyway, she only had a mild case and is fine now and back at school. Oh, and Momma's back to work. It was a somewhat trying day with her yesterday. She didn't want to take a nap and didn't even seem tired at all. She never yawned once and didn't rub her eyes, either. So, no break for Momma to do laundry or iron clothes for the work week. She was also very adamant about the fact that she wanted to go outside and stay there all. day. long. We played outside , blew bubbles on the deck, went for a walk, swung in the swings, then when Daddy got home, we went for another walk and played outside some more. It was a very nice day to be outside, at least!

This weekend we are going to Huntsville for my nephew, Eddie's, high school graduation. Are you kidding me?! My baby nephew is graduating from HIGH SCHOOL! I am so very proud of him. He's a very sweet, smart, funny, and I must say, very good looking. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thinks he's good looking because he seems to be a real 'stud' at school : ) If he's reading this, I know I am embarrassing him, but that's what aunts are for, right?! OK, more importantly, he got a full academic scholarship to college. He is my brother's son, that's for sure. Apparently, Todd passed on the 'smart gene'. Eddie, I am SO proud of you! I am so going to cry at your graduation. I love you very much!

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures from our session with Nicole. As you can see in this first picture, she loves her Daddy. Lately, though, she's been a Momma's girl. I can't be out of her sight for a second without her asking for me. It's so sweet. Yesterday she wouldn't even let Ben push the stroller at first. It had to be me : ) Then, she finally let him push, but I had to walk beside her so she could hold my hand. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts because, one day, she'll think her Momma is embarrassing and stupid ; )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our sweet grandbaby, Riley. Love you. Gran and Pop

Anonymous said...

I was here!! And I do check the blog to keep a check on Riley!!!becky